The 32 year old American who holds the WBC title and wants a unification bout with Joshua, the WBA, IBF and WBO champion, tweeted: “The $50m offer for him to fight me next in the US is still available. Today I even agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the UK.”
“If he prefers the fight in the UK, the ball is in their court. It’s up to them to choose.”
Speaking to Sky Sports, Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn said he will send the contracts but wonders if Wilder’s claim is “bluster”.
He said: “It’s all come as a bit of a shock that Deontay’s finally come back to us on the offer and seems to accept the terms.
“One thing I can tell you is that by the end of this week Deontay Wilder will have a contract in front of him and we’ll see if he’s real.”
Hearn has previously criticized the Deontay Wilder and his team for appearing to do their business via social media. According to him, “deals are made in the boardroom, not on Instagram”.
In a chat with ESPN, Wilder’s manager Shelly Finkel said they had officially accepted terms to a fight in the UK.
He said: “Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract.”
The winner of the possible fight between Deontay Wilder and 28 year old Anthony Joshua would become the first heavyweight to hold all four recognized world titles at once.