The Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Mr Rasak Fadipe, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the deceased identified as Kehinde Toba, died before fire fighters could rescue him.
Fadipe said that the incident happened at No. 34, Alapere Str., Alapere, Ketu, adding that the body of the victim had been handed over to the Lagos State Environmental and Health Management Unit.
“The soak away was recently evacuated but not cemented.
“Residents should be safety conscious and be watchful over the movement of their children,’’ Fadipe advised.